Workshops

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bits and pieces




It's been incredibly hot here for November - what you might call ominous. After our wonderful week in Cornwall eating all that fish we have decided to eat it here at least once a week - shame it is so expensive in Perth. This is the recipe of Sweet and Sour Mussels we enjoyed at Portminster Cafe


another night this week we had BBQ scallops - and getting back into the swing of trying new salads and stuff




I have been playing with screens and inktense blocks this past week in anticipation of my new toy which arrived on Friday - a thermofax machine. Today we read the instructions and turned it on and burnt a first screen. How exciting - I have wanted one for a long time and have plans for things I want to do - sometimes hard to know where to start when you have ideas so I have a list for starters - watch this space


37 today - we went to Fremantle for the afternoon - this is one of the works of art in the water - interesting - I couldn't photograph anymore because my phone ran out of puff




Yesterday I visited the WAFTA exhibition - Mysterium - some great work - these are by Jennie Abbott




And these are Pam Fisher - basket weaving, wrapping and stitched found objects.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those fish dishes look delicious. Wonderful and innovative works of art and I look forward to seeing what you do with the thermofax screens.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...