Workshops

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Off we go to Adelaide


 Tonight we are off to Adelaide for this show. We had quite a spectacular storm here last night - even tipped the garden chairs over and I had to rescue foam seating from everywhere in the garden. Hopefully it has all gone now and won't follow us to South Australia. Set up tomorrow and hope to see lots of lovely people over the next three days. Plus we have our restaurant outings all sorted... sort of...

The latest Quilting Arts arrived yesterday and I worked hard so that they have all been posted out today. Just got to find some room in the suitcases for some clothes - not looking good so far. Boxes of gelli plates arrived as well so I think some are back pack jobs somehow - I have snuck a few into Ian's backpack which hopefully he won't notice.


 I have been working away off and on with the Inktense Blocks. Very few people seem to have used them beyond the basics so I am hoping to break a bit of new ground - the results will be in Issue 2 of threads.In-fusion. This my new set of 72. So exciting and all those colours. They are not available in Australia yet but hopefully in time for the show in Perth. I just had to have them...

Lots of playing and testing on different surfaces.


You might wonder what this is - another little experiment which seems to have worked but it did take forever to dry. One silk hankie for a start....

Off to try fit some clothes in - to Ian's suitcase....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love that array of Inktense blocks and what you have done with them. Hope you manage to fit in enough clothes to see you through the weekend - have a great time, but I do appreciate that it's work as well as a little play.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Have a good time at the show - I am packing for a long weekend in Taupo for our National Quilt Symposium so hope we both have an inspirational time :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...