Workshops

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday so soon

I have been stitching on the Inktense Blocks worked on Evolon - I am still in love with these wonderful sticks of vibrant colour. Evolon can be ironed and more heat applied to it before it breaks down unlike Lutradur and of course Tyvek. I have made a few marks with my Versa Tool very successfully. Not quite sure where this little piece fits in but maybe that doesn't matter.

We now have 600 fans on The Thread Studio facebook page. Very exciting. Still time to leave a comment - tomorrow I shall pull a name out of the hat for a parcel of goodies with love from us to you.

Very strange people next door - not only a yappy wee dog but they throw a giant container of ?water over the balcony in the mornings. Oh so 19th century - I haven't heard them call out "Slops" as yet but he has taken to waving to me instead.....


Playing with heat distressable tissue on heavy Lutradur having stamped on the surface first and then stitched. Lots of exploring of this stuff to do but I have a quite distinct idea of what I would like to make - let's see how it goes.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love the Evolon 'fan' shapes and perforations. The Truffa piece looks great too. Strange neighbours - at least they don't throw the water at you!

Numinosity said...

That is a very cools piece! I agree the fan shapes are so pleasing.
xoxo Kim

Judy said...

Dale,

I'm in love with those Inktense Blocks, I have to send a wish to the birthday faery, Looking forward to more of your art work with them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...