Workshops

Friday, December 24, 2010

The night before Christmas and all is



well in  that I managed to do the shopping and the last orders have been sent and Ian has turned his computer off and is relaxing. I have my sari hank to show - I have bonded it to a backing in the order that it came off the roll and left a little when I ran out of backing. Now  I am stitching rows with decorative stitch.


on the other hand all is not well because my Husqvarna went ping and died so I am back to the Bernina with its small stitches and once I have unplugged the Husq ready to take it in next week, I shall pull out my Orchidea and see if it still works. I haven't used it for a long time. I wanted to try some bigger patterns but it doesn't really matter I guess. I am still deciding what I shall do with it next. Obviously I am going to cut it up and reasemble it but not decided for what. It could make a great cushion, or book covers or bags or? Lots more stitching though - this is something I learnt from Val Campbell-Harding. 

What am I hoping for Christmas? That Grant has a good sail - he is helmsman on YuuZoo in the Sydney to Hobart (that's why we had Xmas last week) so if you are watching look for him at the wheel and hope like me that the weather is not going to be as bad as they say. That Bruce and Kazuko haven't eaten all their chocolates before tomorrow. That we have a relaxing day reading our new? books (for sure)

So hope you all have a good night before..... I do think it is almost time for a glass of champagne - shall go and see if Ian is reading or sleeping......

5 comments:

Sheeprustler said...

I hope you and Ian have a great day tomorrow and the seas are calm for Grant (though the forecast is scary - I am so glad that none of mine sail in it!! I would be petrified the whole time). Your piece looks lovely but your machine is very naughty!

Heather said...

The sari silk piece is going to be gorgeous. Have a lovely relaxing day tomorrow - good luck to Grant - hope your sewing machine comes back to life.

Ali Honey said...

Lovely colours!
Happy Christmas Dale and Ian. I hope your son is safe and sails well.

I hope you enjoy some time outand some good food( I have a lovely new cookbook!)some wine.( maybe some gifts too )

Julie said...

The sari silk piece looks lovely, such a simple idea but it becomes magical with the stitching. I hope Grant stays safe and that you have a peaceful Christmas Day today (your time!) xx

Dotti said...

The sari ribbons look beautiful! I'm in the process of ironing mine with a much hotter iron...thanks to you!!!! I can see where these will make beautiful journal covers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...