Workshops

Monday, August 16, 2010

some more garden coming up

Dion and Annette from Evolve Landscape came today to see how they could work some magic with our last untouched garden area - in the back outside the studio. They did think it was a challenge. This is one of their award winning gardens - it isn't ours - my water stays in the pots with the sleeping waterlilies waiting for spring. We are looking forward to seeing what they come up with and then seeing our garden spring to life.


The Petit Carnets arrived today - that means little journals - I got a tiny order in to see what they were like and how they would go and we sold them all at the show here in Perth - not even one for me - so I got some more and they arrived today. Ian with his new fancy camera has even loaded them onto the website. There are 5 different sets with 2 journals in each bundle. They would make great presents as well if you could bear to part with them.

Today I received a lovely card from someone who had won a prize in one of the quilt shows. We give quite a pile of generous prizes for various happenings around the country and often you don't hear a word so it is really lovely when someone takes the time to write and says thanks. We really appreciate it. I am absolutely passionate about textile art and encouraging people to experiment, explore and play and our business is based on all the things which I love to play with. I started the Thread Studio because I couldn't buy stuff I wanted to play with and I introduced so many new things into this neck of the woods. Another word for a history degree is a nosey parker degree - I would like to think of it as research.......

Grant has updated his blog - swell time - with the last 2 regattas he has sailed well in - even a video to watch.

4 comments:

Heather said...

You must be quite excited by having your garden redesigned - I look forward to seeing it. Those little journals look good - no wonder they all sold out. I like the sound of your nosey parker degree - it's the best way to find things out!

Sheeprustler said...

That's funny - I have a history degree and I never thought of it quite like that, but of course it is absolutely true! And to this day research is still my favorite thing - usually at the expense of ever using the research to produce something!

Judy said...

Dale,

Lovely little journals I keep buying them and never use them, so usually give them to my daughters. So glad you started the Thread Studio, I dont know what I'd do without you.

carole brungar said...

Dale, I love these wee journals. Do you sell the covers only? (Couldn't find them on your website)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...