Workshops

Sunday, January 24, 2010

felt, hot, sailing



I have spent the weekend at a felt and surface stitch workshop with Leanne Davis - extremely hot but gave me some new ideas to play with and it probably is good for me to sit and work away. We made wet and dry felt and believe it or not I plodded on with my Stonehaven theme. After I made my felt I stitched onto it every different type of fabric I had in my box and stitched with every different type of thread to see what happened. Then I felted it again and finally I am adding some running stitch to link. I also dry felted up a slushie which turned out rather yummy.





The best news of the day was that SLAM won today's heat in the Australian Champs in Sydney - well done Grant! First West Australian 18ft skiff to win a championship race.

4 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

It might be hot Dale but this looks cool. I love all of the stitching.

Heather said...

I love your stitched felt pieces Dale, and the colours you have worked in. I am waiting for some silk tops and hand sewing threads to arrive in the hope that they will inspire me to be creative again. Congrats. to Grant and Slam, and stay cool!

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

Love your Stonehaven theme keep going with it. And yes well done Grant with a win.

Penny said...

well done Grant.
I found your felting, stitching and felting again interesting.
Trying to get on with my Holey Moley stuff but slowly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...