Workshops

Monday, May 18, 2009

Deja Vu....


Here we are at Sadleirs again with a van full of boxes (I go to help pull the boxes out of the van) and 2 palettes stacked. Not as much as for Melbourne though. House looks emptier and tidier already. Qantas created a few new problems for me though - usually we take 6 suitcases (could be up to 150 or more kilos) but now with their new restrictions we are to 60k. We have had it good though for quite a long time and knew it would change. What that means is that all the heavy stuff had to go with the carriers and threads can be very heavy when all in a big bag. It may be that we wear the same clothes each day in Brisbane so beware...

If you are going to Textile Art Festival on the Sunday, do take part in the wearing of your own creations - there will be prizes each hour - not sure who else is sponsoring this but I sent 4 nice prizes off in one of the boxes today for 4 lucky winners.

Connections - do go to our website to see the entries - finally got them up - some titles I haven't got because they have all gone to Brisbane and I can't turn them over. I am sure the lovely people without titles will let me know. And I am sure you will agree that they are all wonderful - if you come to TAF in Brisbane as well as coming to say hello to us, do check out the exhibition.

Tomorrow I can back to the real world - finishing my Stonehaven books, playing and experimenting and maybe sewing - o yes - sewing - I have an art to wear for Sydney garment to make this week.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Thanks for the Connections gallery Dale. Lovely to see them all without having to wait for Ally Pally.

Heather said...

You sound as busy as ever and no let up in sight. I think my batteries have just about recharged after a very lazy weekend so I am looking forward to being more creative in the next few days, especially if this dire weather keeps up. No chance of any work on the garden. I'm going to check out the Connections gallery - thanks for setting it up.

Sandy said...

I remember doing shows. People don't realize how much work is involved. It's a great high though.

Julie said...

The Connections works are superb. Well done to all the contributors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...