Workshops

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TAP


TAP (transfer artist paper) -I have been having a little more playtime - this piece is scrim and fibres worked on the embellisher for cutting and weaving but when I print onto TAP I always have little strips left over so I coloured one small piece with Adirondack Pigment Pens - I like drawing with these and I wanted to see how it would go onto this surface which is quite open weave and flexible. You can't really see what I have done but look at the top left hand - enlarging will show better - 3 different colours - black/slate/pesto just scribbled - but it blends into the surface so well and you cannot tell that there is anything extra - once of course I have cut it up and woven it in you won't even know but the potential for other play is there. When I have finished the piece (this is for the back cover of my Stonehaven book) I shall transfer another rock image (my printer and PSP are not talking so I am sticking to this one pic for the moment), but I will be most interested to see how the image will look.

We went to a wedding on Sunday - lovely outing - but I wore my respectable black shoes to the church and managed an enormous blister on my heel after about 5 steps. Here it is finally cool in the mornings and evenings for walking and I cannot wear my laceups.....

But we are having a bbq tonight....

4 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't come across TAP but love the texture you have achieved in this piece. Hope your blister is better - that's the trouble with smart occasions! Enjoy your bbq.

Carol said...

Lovely textural effect. Need to know more about TAP!

Clare Wassermann said...

Hmmmm I must seek out those pigment pens - here comes the purse again! Hope you had a nice BBQ

Judy said...

Dale,

I'm interested in the results you are getting fromm this transfer product, the couloured piece will work in very well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...