Workshops

Friday, January 30, 2009

friday dramas



Big drama to start our Friday morning - Ian tried very hard to separate his index finger from his hand when washing a glass and the kitchen looked like the scene from a chainsaw massacre. Off to emergency at the hospital - 4 stitches later back home. 7.30am is a good time to go to emergency - apparently all the regulars don't wake until 11am so it was nice and empty and we even got a park outside the door. Of course it threw the day into chaos and he has had to be a bit spoilt etc. He would not let me take a photo of his finger so I have posted some pics of our favourite little garden area where we like to sit in the evenings (I expect this pleasure will be denied to us next year when daylight saving disappears since it seems we are indeed a minority who enjoy our evenings in the garden) . In the corner of the top pic is the waterliliy where a new flower is starting to poke its little head up.

I think I have finally solved the problem of the binding for my next rust book - I shall put it together tomorrow I hope.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sympathy to Ian. Hope he is being suitabley spoilt,
Yes 7am would be a good time to go to Emergency Dept!
What a lovely spot in your garden;
Am hankering after some of your new buttons too. But must wait;
Heather

Unknown said...

Hope Ian recovers soon.

Spiral Dyed Downunder said...

Sneak up on him with the camera!

Gina said...

Oh gosh! Hope Ian's finger mends soon!

Maggi said...

The lengths some men will go to to get out of the washing up! Seriously, hope he heals soon.

Sandy said...

Poor Ian. I hope his finger is better.

Maggie Grey said...

I hope you blotted up the blood with some paper. Shame to waste such a good colour.
Seriously though, hope he is feeling better now. Strong drink is probably called for.

Maggie

Julie said...

Ouch! Wish him better! I hope you didn't save the red stuff, that's going a bit far! lol I second the strong drink.

Heather said...

You may get this twice - I've just typed my comment and it disappeared before I could post it. Glad Ian wouldn't let you show us a photo of his finger - don't like the sight of blood, not even when it's someone elses. Hope his hand heals quickly for him. Looking forward to seeing the binding on your new rust book.

Penny said...

Not at all nice, my sympathies to Ian, is it going to make his computer work difficult?
Your garden looks lovely, mine looks dead.

Mayhem said...

Oh no, what a horrible start to the day. At least it is still attached though so thats a positive. Hope you are both taking it easy with a few stiff drinks with the heat and the thunder. Get well soon wishes to Ian.

Looking out for your new Rusty stuff too.....

M Dawson said...

* cringe * I don't do blood very well, except when 'himself panics and I have to be nurse.

Maggie's comment had me in fits!!!!

Digitalgran said...

I hope Ian's finger is easier today. Did you do what MG suggested? (BG)

Judy said...

Dale,

Sorry to hear of Ian's disaster, hope he heals quickly, I'm sure your'e tender loving care will help..

Linda’s Textiles said...

OOh nasty! best wishes for a quick recovery & by the way I'm with you on the daylight saving but my DH will cancel out my vote.

Christine said...

Just caught up with your post about the accident. Sounds pretty dramatic I must say. Why do these sort of things always happen early morning or late at night? We've had a 6am dash to emergency (DH's mild heart attack) and 3 am in an ambulance (smashed kneecap, don't ask why he was outdoors at that time, VBG) so I can empathise. Hope Ian's a good patient, and that he heals quickly.

Hooroo,
Christine.
http://missmuffettwo.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...