Workshops

Thursday, January 08, 2009

dorset buttons




Pam has sent me pics of her Dorset buttons - aren't they wonderful? I have never made any but I can see it mentally on my list. The top one is made with crystals. Thanks so much for sharing them Pam - the 'net means we have access to each other's creations although a plane trip to the northern hemisphere would never be lost on us even though Grant tells me it is very cold in London. Growing up in NZ I love cold nights and frosts - didn't have snow but I used to sleep with the windows open (and be told off by my mother) and in the morning there were icicles hanging around.

Well in Perth it is very hot and we are hiding indoors with the air con on - thank goodness for the air con. I have also hear it is extremely hot in Wellington and Christchurch but not so in Canada. Someone told me that if you wear your glasses to the bus stop they will freeze on your face. The mind boggles.

We had a lovely night last night - late bbq and sat outside reading etc. As still as can be. I LOVE daylight saving.

Book page 3 is nearly stitched so I can attack it with my heat gun and see what happens and my paper napkin book pages are all done - just the cover to start on.

9 comments:

arlee said...

Lucky you---those buttons are STUNNING.

Ann Christy said...

The Dorset buttons are really lovely. We have a lady coming to do a one day course this year at our Embroiderers' Guild summer school on Dorset and Macclesfield Buttons. We are really looking forward to the course.

pam said...

Thanks Dale for admiring my buttons and sharing.
The blur one is a basic button and the other 2 are I have designed and taken further...as we do ( well me esp if with colour and beads lol)

Actually our weather in Cornwall is nothing like London's..our weather is very mild and most times do not need a coat :O)

All the very best from Pam

loves2spin said...

How can we find out how to make beaded Dorset buttons? Those are lovely!

tintocktap said...

Those buttons are gorgeous!

betsyb said...

Hi Dale,
I am also in Western Australia and have not been able to find the rings for making these buttons. Could you please let me know where you find yours.
Thanks,
Betsy

Downunderdale said...

I have no idea Betsy - Pat from UK sent me the pics.....

bluechipholidays said...

Those are nice. I love all of them. Very artistically done. Job well done.


Holidays in Dorset

stitches from wales said...

just started making these buttons. OK latest addiction on its way!!! Your beaded ones are amazing and I have no idea where to start with those, Pauline x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...