Workshops

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I came to London to see the.....

Someone complained to me at Ally Pally because I hadn't posted on my blog since last Tuesday! I am only human, folks. We had a great flight over - got in at 5am and Ian got himself a suitable sim card and was anxious to use it as soon as possible. Phoned Grant to make sure it worked and woke him up of course. Got to Alexandra Palace to find our stuff had not arrived (what have we done to deserve this twice?) but 2 phone calls later(thank goodness for the mobile) and it arrived in an hour.

The show was wonderful - met so many people it is like being amongst friends - Aussies and Artful Dodgers and old customers and people who seem to know me. Sold lots of stuff (that is the object of being there of course) and bought lots of new exciting things to fill some of the boxes which were basically empty. All of this will arrive back in Perth not long after that so watch this space (and the website). We caught up with Grant and Annette for a very nice night out at a Morrocan restaurant in Soho (in preparation for our trip) and I enjoyed catching up with Sarah (please have a day off my friend) - I wish I lived closer but then sometimes the excitement of once a year might be best or you would never have a voice! And I loved seeing Maggie and Val's wonderful work in the flesh. Took lots of pics so when we get home I will be able to show some. The exhibitions were great - we had the Pfaff one right near us and we both popped in and out a few times. It is a real treat to see all of the inspiring work.

The rugby - well I think we are all bros with the poms this time although I have found that wood chopping is quite a good sport....

We managed to cause a few dramas at our hotel as we did last year. Whenever we had a shower, the water dripped into the restaurant below - exciting sort of breakfast surroundings for all. At 3am one morning when I was wide awake I got up to read in the toilet but sadly the lid fell off and woke Ian up. I am sure nobody else has this sort of fun.....

Today we had a do the washing and check the emails (1000!) and have a wander into town. Off to dinner tonight with Annette and Terry and Grant and possibly Lee. Tomorrow - who knows - we are on holiday. We go off to Marrakesh on Wednesday morning and we are looking forward to it. Can't post pics until we get home though.

3 comments:

verobirdie said...

This seems to be fun! Hope you'll enjoy your hollidays.

Penny said...

Sounds like normal, problems, problems solved, fun for those who stay near you, what will you do to the population of marrakesh i wonder!!
Im green with envy.

Stitch 'n Dye said...

Dale

lovely to see you and Ian at AP. Enjoyed our little rugby chat... Sorry about the hotel.

Enjoy Marrakesh - sounds perfect.
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...