Workshops

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Evolon

I have been playing with Evolon. I have had a roll here for a while now but haven't had time to do much nor publicise it but it's pretty great stuff. From the same family as Lutradur but it is like a soft slightly fuzzy fabric - made of polyester and nylon. I painted it with Dye-na-flow and then printed on it with Lumiere and some of my flower stamps.Nothing very exxciting you may say but I also prnted on another piece and use the soldering iron (actually wood burning tool) to cut them out and then bonded them to the base fabric with the same tool. So they are free standing and 3D . Then I stitched a bit and in the centres with granite stitch. The whole point is that this has so much potential as it takes paints and dyes (well so do most things), is nonwoven, doesn't need a hoop for stitching, works well with the embellisher and won't fray etc and it likes to be distressed (don't we all?). You can also print on it which I haven't done yet but I will - probably not quite yet.

Lynda on her blog has a picture of the original flower stitch foot which Hilary is very kindly sending me for a new one. I am looking forward to playing with it and seeing how it works and oiling it up so it will work.
Big night tonight - Wallabies vs England first and then a wee few hours sleep and All Blacks vs France. Go the Wallabies first (this week only) and then special go the ABs.


5 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Dale. Have tagged you on my blog... Have fun
Best wishes

Maggie

Liz Plummer said...

Thought of you this afternoon Dale as we fought our way through the All Blacks supporters and the France supporters to get to the bus station in Cardiff!!! They kick off (or whatever you do in rugby...) in twenty minutes from now and four hours ago they were all out in force!!

Doreen G said...

I love the Evolon samples Dale--You have inspired me to do something with my piece---when I get time that is.

Anonymous said...

Cool samples - looks like fun.
And as for our blasted ABS - losers LOL

backpackingamerica said...

Thank you for sharing this blog! Just what I’ve been searching for. Great info!

evolon bulk roll

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...