Workshops

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sydney last week

We had a great time in Sydney last week. It's an awful lot of work though - you try to pack and package what you think people will want and you always run out of things which you have sent on ahead and of course when you get back you are missing stock which has either sold or is on the palette coming back. It's called Murphy's Law. However I have emptied the suitcases, reordered heaps of stuff, received parcels already. The palette (we sent 2 over and 1 back) will be here next Monday or Tuesday and then I have to unload it. And then reorder what is missing from that lot especially books. I hope all those who came to the show were impressed with our new book display in the coloured plastic boxes. Kept them all very neat and tidy.

It was great to see so many familiar faces and we have the most fabulous staff in Lesley, Robin, Sue and Jill. They keep Ian and me in line. I didn't think there were nearly as many people at the show this year though - I think the nature of shows is changing.

Lots of you asked which was our favourite Indian Restaurant - well the pic above is Zaaffran in Darling Harbour - we were able to name drop to the chef from GoGos in Perth and got an extra treat. It is a fabulous Indian restauarant and well worth the visit. That's the chef in the pic. We also went to The Opium Den in Potts Point with Jessica and had our favourite heavenly vegetables at the Golden Century. And Robin invited us home to her place for a lovely evening. I managed to lose my possum gloves when I left them at the Pumphouse and was heart broken but June Brown and Yvonne Voss made my day by retrieving them and returning them to me the next day. I was elated as I had been somewhat devastated. How could one get so attached to a pair of gloves?

Didn't take any photos although Ian has photographed the Art to Wear which will make it to the web after a few very necessary jobs. Wait for the July Promotion - it is a very good one.

I have been into the studio and all ready to start work tomorrow. Right now we are sneaking off to Spaghis for dinner - I was making a curry but I can't find the cookbook with the recipe Ian fancied - can you believe it?

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

Can't find the cook book eh!
Any excuse to go out to dinner.

Downunderdale said...

well it worked well tonight!

Helen said...

excellent excuse. I can relate to the gloves, I've lost one of my can't-live-without fingerless possum gloves. It's in the house someplace....I must have scooped it up with some fabric. I don't think I quilted it into a quilt....

Leanne said...

Waiting, waiting, waiting....for the July promo......!!!

Julia said...

Hi Dale,
As you eat out quite a bit, I just had to jump in here and ask if you have been down to Gratzi cafe on the corner of Walter Rd and Coode ST Morley...My son owns it... and of course i'm bias, but i think it's the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...