Workshops

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday 17


This is my running stitch sample. Running stitch is one of my favourites and I use it a lot often in rows over a surface. Jean Draper inspired me many years ago with her Indian embroideries where she used running stitch. This is a shiva rubbing over the curves rubbing plate on white polycotton over which I have sprayed Moonshadow Mist. Another page for my sketchbook.

Real feast of rugby last night as the Super 14s get near the end. My beloved Hurricanes just beat the Highlanders although naughty Tana spent 10 minutes in the sin bin and Jason Eaton damaged his knee. Not good. Then the Chiefs beat the Waratahs - that was a good game and the evening finished with the Force cleaning up the Cheetahs. Today we will see how the Brumbies go against the Crusaders.

Thanks for all for the comments about my smiling photo - hadn't realised you all felt so strongly.You can thank Christopher Nejman for that. He sent me an email asking me where my smile was and gave me advice about finding it. I don't actually recall a photo anywhere in my stash where I am smiling so this is the new Dale.........

Lovely day today - we have a new cafe - Lincoln's - just around the corner - we had a cup of excellent coffee yesterday - we are a bit spoilt for choice around here just a few steps away.

1 comment:

Arty Lady's blog said...

This looks wonderful. Amazing how the stitching just "adds" to the item

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...