Workshops

Monday, April 09, 2007

rust and wood and water


We have spent a bit of time at the Perth Flying Squadron watching the replica 18ft skiffs sailing and I have found a wonderful source for photos so I will be going back to take a whole lot and also taking my sketchbook etc. Yesterday it was very windy and we got quite wet out on the jetty watching the race. Unfortunately Grant's boat capsized and once that happens, it's all over rover. So we went home. Today was much calmer and they had a super race. All bar one of the races was a handicap race - the boats are different depending when they were first made. Grant's one - Australia - was originally built in 1946. Seems the oldest ones went off first. They were fascinating to look at. Anyway they had a wonderful race and ended up 3rd by a whisker. If they had been 2nd, they would have won the regatta.

Ian has been working very hard all through easter on the book - Bruce came and took the last photos today and I am checking each section as it rolls off. My studio was very tidy as I had a big clean up but now it has the samples everywhere as I tick them off to make sure none have been left out. So - we are getting there......

Incidentally , I have a fabulous cd made by Gwen Hedley called Surface and Structure - loads of great images of rust and stone etc - good visual resource for the moment.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I’d just like to say I’ve been looking at your blog for a while now and wanted to let you know how much I like it. It’s even got me to start up my own:
http://sarahquilter.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...