Workshops

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

tuesday report




Well - I didn't get much done today - a button on my embellisher bag and a sorting of Shiva samples for the machine embroidery magazine article. Important to get that away as soon as possible 'cos I am tired of reading about quilts in a magazine which has the title of Machine Embroidery and Textile Art - surely the quilts can go in a quilting magazine??? I am also writing the next newsletter - a bit here and a bit there in between choosing new machine embroidery thread colours - this is for the Festival (I think) collection and so far I have Carnivale (new one with extra shade) and Indian Splendour and today's choosing is greens/blues and purples but unnamed as yet.

Beryl Taylor's lovely book did indeed arrive today - customs must have decided it was okay unlike Thread Magic which they kept for a week - they were probably all reading them. I haven't seen any new techniques which I didn't know but the book is a visual feast - Beryl's work is wonderful and I shall enjoying looking at her brilliant work. She sent me 3 ATCs for our Celebrity ATC display which will be on in Perth at the show in August and then on the web. I thought I would share them here. Relax all those people waiting for the book - they are all in the mail tonight. Worth waiting for I think.

Ian is clutching his tummy and making serious noises so we are off to the Brisbane (our local) for some food

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...